Thursday 4 June 2015

i googled "kylie jenner lipstick"

mac brave lipstick // £15.50
mac soar lip pencil // £12.50 (bit cheaper than lip fillers)

i've always been wary of any sort of remotely neutral lip colour. having very naturally pigmented lips - we're talking dark here - any attempt to dull them down makes me look so unhealthy that a quiet *yikes* escapes when i glance at my reflection.

but anyways that philosophy went out the window when i was stalking kylie jenner's instagram at 2 4 in the morning and was in the mood to lower my bank balance slightly (one of my favourite hobbies).
the shade combination is actually far more flattering than i'd expected, as the lip liner is quite a dark brownish pink (keywords such as "90s" spring to mind) so it's not too much of a change. i like to line the outside of my lips and fill in the outer corners with soar, and then use brave in the centre and to blend everything together. brave is a lighter, more neutral pink than soar is, so as a duo they create this gorgeous plumping, two-toned, don't-you-just-want-to-kiss-me effect which i am all about.

so if you're thinking about joining the legions of full-lipped kylie wannabes, i'd give you a double thumbs up and an attitude of go for it.

17 comments:

  1. Soar and Brave actually go so well together, and the shade they create does really suit you!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Soar pencil! Definitely need to look into Brave too. :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Brave and Soar! Check out Velvet Teddy which is a matte MLBB nude shade that she reportedly uses :)

    makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave is my absolutely fav shade! In love with your blog name as well! xx
    www.alicelouisealk.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I think we've all been guilty of googling that too over the past year! I need to get that Soar pencil

    Kat | www.kathorrocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Gorgeous colours too :) xx

    Lauren | shynature.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colour! It suits you so well. :)

    http://danielleshappycorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really want to get a shade like this as well, going to look into it!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how well these both work together, they look really lovely on you! May have to pick the lipstick up now after reading this... lowering my bank balance is one of my favourite hobbies too! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really looks nice on you, its kind of looks like a natural pink color.

    http://ky-lar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shade looks gorgeous on you!! :)

    Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com

    Xoxo Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got this lipstick as well but it looks totally different on me! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this pairing on you! Looks so fab. I wouldn't say I'm wary of nude lips, but I'm way of trends like this one that kind of got out of control - haha. I'm looking to empty my bank account a little this eve', but I think I might be heading to Colour Pop...
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a self-confessed Kylie wannabe and you have helped me so much. I am forever indebted to you. xoxo

    elyseian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Getstufforfree
    How to get your free Kylie Jenner Lip Kit, completely free of charge just visit our website to get started and you will be on your way to your free kit!
    https://getstufforfree.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete